Possible Questions for Media Interviews
- You come from a pretty unique family. Your grandfather founded an ice cream company called Baskin Robbins. Can you tell us a little about your family background and how that informs the work that you do today?
- You call your organization the Food Revolution Network. What exactly do you mean by a food revolution?
- Why did you write 31-Day Food Revolution?
- What makes 31-Day Food Revolution unique or different from all the other health and diet books out there?
- What is the food revolution diet plan?
- A lot of people want to eat more healthfully but struggle with implementation. If someone wants to move in a positive direction and sustain it, what do you suggest?
- You also talk about eating in a humane way. What does that mean?
- In chapter 25 of your book, you discuss myths and truths about GMOs. What exactly is a GMO? What’s the promise, and what’s the reality? Are GMOs helping to feed a hungry world?
- One of the themes in your book is how to eat healthy on a budget. But we all know that organic food costs a lot. What are some ways that anyone - rich, poor, and middle class - can have access to organic foods?
- The poor are extraordinarily disadvantaged when it comes to being able to access healthy foods. What can we do to begin to change that?
- You have written that there is a neuroscience explaining why gratitude makes us healthier. Can you tell us more?
- What gives you hope in the world of food?
- What is your recommendation for what we ultimately must do to expand our food revolution?
- For every new copy of your book that is sold, you’ve pledged to donate to Trees for the Future so they can plan an organic fruit or nut tree in a low-income community. What inspired you to take that step?
- For those of our viewers who want to step forward and to take action based on your message, what’s one thing they can do starting today?
- Where can we find more information about you and your book?
Ocean's Bio & Photos
Ocean Robbins is author of the newly released book, 31-Day Food Revolution: Heal Your Body, Feel Great, & Transform Your World. He serves as CEO and cofounder of the 500,000-plus-member Food Revolution Network—one of the largest communities of healthy eating advocates on the planet. Ocean has held hundreds of live seminars and events that have touched millions of lives in 190 nations. His grandfather founded Baskin-Robbins, and his father, John Robbins, walked away from the family company to write bestsellers like Diet for a New America and to become a renowned health advocate. Now, Ocean is on a mission to transform the industrialized food culture into one that celebrates and supports healthy people and a healthy planet.
Archival photos/video of Ocean and his family available upon request.
Publicist Contact Information
What Leaders Are Saying About 31-Day Food Revolution
“Ocean Robbins brings the latest insights of medical science into a simple and brilliant program that sets you up for success. The result is a fun and delicious pathway to a life of greater health, meaning, and contribution.
If you want to fight heart disease, diabetes, cancer, obesity, and dementia - read this book and apply it from start to finish. Your life - and your world - will never by the same again.”— Dean Ornish, MD
#1 New York Times bestselling author of The Spectrum Founder, Preventive Medicine Research Institute
“Ocean's genius 4-step plan will help you build a better relationship with your food, your loved ones, and your community. Let him show you how to discover and practice everlasting habits that lead to a healthy and vibrant future. Your body will thank you for the rest of your life.”— Vani Hari
New York Times bestselling author of The Food Babe Way
“The 31-Day Food Revolution delivers a penetrating diagnosis of what's fueling our global health crisis - and offers a galvanizing and practical prescription for transformation. The more people who join in this revolution, the less heart disease, cancer, and obesity we'll see. Ocean Robbins shows us the way to a truly healthy, sustainable, and delicious food future.”— Michael Greger, MD
#1 New York Times bestselling author of How Not To Die
“I learned so much that was new to me! This impeccably researched book made me realize that the food choices I make on a daily basis are BY FAR my biggest leverage point in making the world a better place. Ocean Robbins is probably the wisest, most brilliant, most visionary thinker I know.”— Susan Peirce Thompson, Ph.D
New York Times bestselling author of Bright Line Eating; founder, Institute for Sustainable Weight Loss
“Ocean Robbins is one of the bright lights of the food world today. He's written a credible and engaging page-turner of a book that's a pleasure to read.
And what makes 31-Day Food Revolution so special is that it's all rooted in action. It will show you exactly how you can easily and deliciously participate in building a healthier future for you and for all that you love. Do yourself a huge favor: Read this book today, and then share it with everyone you love.”— Mark Hyman, MD
11-time New York Times bestselling author, Director, Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine
“Ocean Robbins has inspired millions of people to make food choices that fight disease and that fuel vitality. Now he's distilled decades of hard-won wisdom into a simple and easy-to-follow road map that will change your life and help you to change the world. Read it, practice it, and thrive.”— Tony Robbins
Author of numerous #1 New York Times bestselling books including Awaken The Giant Within and Unlimited Power
“I've been watching the work that Ocean Robbins and his father, John, have been doing with Food Revolution Network for many years now, and I’m proud of what they've accomplished. The more people who hear this message and move toward diets marked by compassion and respect for life and the earth, the better off our world will be. The book that you hold in your hands is lighting the way for the future of your health and that of the planet.”— Paul McCartney
“Ocean Robbins is able to inform and influence people in a way that grips their interest and also touches their soul. His insight, warmth and care for humanity is compelling and supports the important scientific facts presented that are crucial for our world.”— Joel Fuhrman, MD
6-time New York Times bestselling author, including Eat to Live and The End of Dieting, President, Nutritional Research Foundation
“With his passionate, playful, and persuasive style, Food Revolution leader and inspiration to millions, Ocean Robbins, shows you how to make healthy eating simple and irresistible.”— Kris Carr
New York Times bestselling author of Crazy Sexy Diet and Crazy Sexy Kitchen
“Ocean Robbins grew up living the message of food as revolutionary medicine, and has experienced, in both his family and in the lives of thousands of people the world over—how healthy sustainable food is the key to truly flourishing—individually and collectively. The 31-Day Food Revolution brings his insights and practical wisdom right into your kitchen and your table. I highly recommend it.”— Christiane Northrup, MD
Author of New York Times bestsellers Goddesses Never Age; Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom; and The Wisdom of Menopause
“Ocean Robbins advocates tirelessly for dietary practices that foster the health of people, protect the health of the planet, and respect the well-being of all other creatures. This compilation of his gentle, wise, and well-informed counsel is a wonderful asset for anyone wanting to eat well, be well, and do good.”— David Katz, MD
Author of Disease Proof, Founding Director of the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center Former President, The American College of Lifestyle Medicine
“More than ever before, food is a hot topic in terms of our health, our politics, and even our spirituality. Ocean Robbins continues a family tradition of uplifting both our intellectual and moral understanding of the importance of our food choices, and how to make changes in our eating that better both ourselves and our world.”— Marianne Williamson
4-time #1 New York Times bestselling author, including A Return to Love
“In this accessible and timely book, Ocean Robbins provides the knowledge and guidance to help each of us become a creator of a new food future. Get this critical roadmap for yourself, and share it with everyone you know. It opens a path to freedom from the toxic industrial food model — and a grounded hope that will empower you for life.”— Andrew Kimbrell
Executive Director, Center for Food Safety
Publicist Contact Information